Live from New York, It’s Social Media Friday—YouSwear.com Makes You a Potty Mouth in Every Language
It’s been a while that I’ve experienced the delicious thrill of a great void in the universe being filled by a single “.com.” Like when youtube taught met that desktop TV was my gateway to 10 min clips of cats playing piano. But it’s been a long time since I’ve had that kind of epiphany, that s, until today.
Enter Youswear.com, a (crowdsourced?) swear tutor, that can teach you the only phrase you’ll need to start an international incident in over 200 countries. I especially like the one click access of universal swear words for instant multi country translation access. Interestingly, with such a charged subject matter, the site is apparently lacking any legal terms, disclaimer, or policies. And with a site like this there arise all sorts of liability issues (warranties, accuracy, IP transfer, age restrictions, choice of law, etc.)
I’m not trying to be the parade raining lawyer here. But while the site is absolutely amazing in its ability to fill a void that, all jokes aides, is something every grade schooler wants filled, it completely fails to protect its principals. Curious to see how long it takes for it to become a phenom in need of a terms of service agreement.
- Intellectual Property Considerations for Crowdfunding
- CLIENT ALERT: Ban on General Solicitation and Advertising for Private Offerings Lifted
- Common Provisions of Independent Contractor Agreements for Intellectual Property Production
- Trademarks and What it Really Means to Be FAMOUS. An Analysis.
- Outline of New York and Federal Privacy Lawsuit Causes of Action
- By: Kaiser Wahab Non-Disclosure Agreements (“ND...
- By: Kaiser Wahab and Susanna Guffey Information...
- By: Tommas Balducci, Kaiser Wahab In this artic...
- By Lauren Mack Beginning on September 23, 2013,...
- By Susanna Guffey, Lauren Mack, and Kaiser Waha...